The art of the unexpected and the science of the unknown
- Leaders get years of training in how to develop and execute plans, however, how should they lead when they don’t have a plan?
- How can you leverage unexpected difficulties to your advantage?
- What simple framework can we follow when under stress and faced with the unexpected?
Performing Ideas, with its unique background and team of performers/facilitators, is one of the few organisations in the world teaching this exciting new practice of Improvisational Leadership.
Who is this course for?
Do you want to explore the roles that intuition, your body and creativity play in leadership?
Do you have a framework for instantly dealing with unexpected conflict among team members and the anxiety it produces?
How can celebrating failure increase the audaciousness and creativity of your team?
The impact on your organisation
Cultivate a culture where there is less fear of failure and more confidence when faced with the unexpected
Increased empathy and understanding of others’ physical and emotional needs
Foster a culture of distributed and flexible leadership
Enhance entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinking
How will participants learn?
Open for details of the course content
- What other skills other than critical thinking are needed to be a leader?
- How is creativity and leadership an embodied skill?
- How can I react creatively and quickly to unexpected situations?
- How can I manage the anxiety I feel when I need to lead but don’t know what to do?
- What does it mean to really listen to others and to myself?
- What status should I have relative to my team and colleagues when I am expected to lead in an unexpected situation?
- Is it ok to rely on my intuition?
- How do some of the most innovative companies in the world (Google X, Telefonica Alpha) use improvisation to come up with new ideas?
Tools and Methodologies
Exercises to practice mind-body connection
Active listening exercises
Example of bespoke theatre play for a client
We are proud to be one of only a handful of companies in the world teaching the innovative methodology of improvisational leadership and are probably the only company that has found a way to deliver this highly interactive and physical training online.
Brian designed this course in 2013, drawing inspiration from his years as an acting teacher and theatre director in Ireland and combining this with his later experience designing and teaching leadership programs for IESE and some of the world’s biggest corporate universities.
Since then, we’ve taught this course and presented our tailor-made interactive theatre plays to senior leaders working in BBVA, Allianz, Capgemini, Telefonica and GSK. Over the years, around 1500 executives and directors from all over the world have participated in our workshops on Improvisational Leadership.
Our clients usually ask us to combine this workshop with:
Feedback and Active Listening