How to take the pain out of meetings
- Do you attend many meetings, but feel like they are a waste of your time, you leave without any clear or actionable outcomes and are left wondering why the meeting was called in the first place?
- How can I quickly and effectively prepare for a meeting?
- What is the best meeting format for my objectives? – brainstorming, information sharing, consensus, decision making etc.
- How do I keep a meeting running on time?
- How should I deal with conflict in the meeting?
This course brings a fresh and human approach to meetings using a simple and easy-to-implement framework and a set of versatile tools for different outcomes (e.g. team meetings, brainstorming, and decision-making) in a range of contexts.
The impact on your organisation
Save time by reducing unnecessary meetings
Improved internal communication
Improved communication with clients
Increased output and productivity
How will participants learn?
Open here to find out what participants will be able to do at the end of the training
- Know how to organise and run a meeting that is efficient, productive, flexible and serves as an example of how to run a great meeting at CapGemini.
- Know how to prepare a meeting agenda.
- Know how to manage time and discussion during the meeting.
- Be capable of giving constructive feedback.
- How to create actionable items at the end of meetings.
- Know about different formats for meetings.
- How to deal with common problems in meetings – use of technology, heated arguments, punctuality, topics not previously agreed on the agenda.
Tools and Methodologies
Engaging sessions with an expert on best practices for preparing and running effective meetings.
Participants share their experiences and strategies for running different kinds of meetings inside and outside the company.
Participants apply the techniques presented to the meetings they have to prepare, with feedback from Performing Ideas coaches and colleagues.
Templates, checklists and online tools to prepare and run meetings.
All participants will benefit from lifetime access to the complete self-taught course containing videos and readings for further learning. This online course is constantly updated with new materials and contains much more than can be covered in the live version.
A peek inside the course
Performing Ideas has run workshops for over 10,000 people across 4 continents both face-to-face and online over the last 12 years. We run training courses for Corporate Universities such as Telefonica Universitas and Capgemini University, business schools such as IESE and in-company for some of the world's leading and most innovative companies. We also work extensively training scientists and medical professionals in the public sector and are a long-time collaborator with Médecins Sans Frontières.
Our clients usually ask us to combine this workshop with:
Managing Time and Attention
Feedback and Active Listening