This course has been designed to help you bring your stories to the next level. You will learn and practice a proven methodology to tell your stories confidently, clearly and with an emotional impact. You will experience how telling stories helps you make sense of life experiences and learnings.
Make your stories come alive and build compelling narratives
- When you speak in public, do you feel that your message comes across as dry and boring?
- How can you use stories to better engage your audience, and when should you use them (and not use them)?
- Do you find that much of storytelling in business is boring, predictable and self-aggrandising?
Who this course is for?
This workshop is aimed at managers and leaders from all areas of the organisation who want to effectively talk about the mission, vision and values through storytelling.
The impact on your organisation
Leaders in your organisation will become better communicators and learn how to engage their audiences through impactful and meaningful stories.
Tools and Methodologies
Proven template for making your stories come alive in business contexts.
How will participants learn?
Participants build and tell a personal story, a narrative about their business and their unique origins story, that they can later use in a variety of contexts.
They receive templates to help them structure their stories.
They practice with colleagues and receive feedback on both the story and their performance.
Open for details of the course content
- The difference between telling stories in interviews, presentations and meetings, compared to over dinner with friends.
- Where to find your stories.
- When and how to tell stories from your own life.
- The most common mistakes people make when telling stories.
- Simple tricks and methods to bring your stories to the next level.
- How to build suspense into your stories.
- Examples of great stories
A peek inside the course
PerformingIdeas has run workshops for over 12,000 people across 4 continents both face-to-face and online over the last 12 years. We run training courses for Corporate Universities such as Telefonica Universitas and Capgemini University, business schools such as IESE and in-company programs for some of the world's leading and most innovative organisations. We also work extensively with scientists and medical professionals in the public sector and are a long-time collaborator with Médecins Sans Frontières.
Our clients usually ask us to combine this workshop with:
Crafting Inspirational Messages